Today marks the end of my Freeletics Coach journey. I did not manage to complete all 15 weeks.. This is probably due to poor planning. However, on the weeks I did not do Freeletics, I was probably doing weight training =P (except that one week when I attempted to eat the whole of Singapore XD)
Start of Week 0 // end of Week 13:My Week 12 Freeletics coach sessions were:
- Venus (35.43*)
- Gaia 8/10 (46:39)
- Aphrodite (40:52*), Metis x2 STR (23:04)
My Week 13 Freeletics coach sessions were:
- Hades (41:34*)
- Poseiden x2, but I only did 1 (08:47)
The new coach system introduced the option to choose how many sessions you want a week, this was good for me as it allowed me to do Freeletics around weight training.
Review: Freeletics was a wonderful start for me, kicked my ass into gear and got me motivated for the beginning of my weight loss journey. Over the first 10 weeks, I competed against my time. I thrived on beating my own PB.
However, with the introduction of the new coach system, all my PBs were wiped and I could feel my motivation begin to dwindle. So all the results I worked hard for over the last 10 weeks were wiped off and I had nothing to compete against. I also knew I was not going to continue on with coach as I won’t be able to run in a town that averages 18m of snow in 5 months.
I began to focus on weight training, while looking to youtube channels or back to Jillian Michaels for cardio based training.
Status: Very pleased. But let’s keep improving!
b(# ‘o’ #)d
rant I swapped over to the new Coach this week.. I was not pleased with the new set up. What is this running bs? Firstly, I didn’t pay you to tell me to run 8km! Secondly, I live in a place where snow covers the roads for half the year, I am not going to pay for access to a boring ass treadmill. Why is there no option to not have running? ok /rant
So, this week was still Singapore food fueled high. I don’t expect my results to have improved! But no regrets! Singaporeans need all these delicious foods! It is just inbuilt into our DNA! Durian, mooncakes, nonya bazhang, jweekueh, all the kuehs, satay, coffee ribs.. I can keep going on an on!!
With the heat and humidity, I found it really hard to do any exercise.. even by 9am it was waaayyy too hot. Apparently, Singapore army actually bans outdoor exercising between 11am and 3pm due to possible death by heatstroke =P So I completed Week 11 over two weeks….
My Week 11 Freeletics coach sessions were:
- Isis (45:55)
- PushUp 50 (03:18*), SitUp 100 (06:49*), Frogger 50 (04:15*), Iris (47:52)
- 8km run (omitted, submitted a random time)
- Apollon 2/3 Edurance (20:29*), Venus (28:16)
- Kentauros (57:10*)
Status at the end of Singapore: Mooncake XD
After attempting to eat Singapore and a week later (today):
This week’s results are dismal! I didn’t even bother taking any comparison photos.. I am currently on a 2 week holiday.. food holiday in Singapore XD hahah
This week I had 5 Freeletics sessions, that I squeezed into 3 days as I was travelling, and just didn’t really have much time… My Week 10 Freeletics coach sessions were:
- Atlas (42:05*)
- Ares (10:00), SplitLungeMAX (90*)
- Hyperion (23:28)
- Atlas (41:52*)
- Ares (09:09), SplitLungeMAX (95*)
I combined Atlas, Ares and SplitMAX into one day sessions. Unfortunately, I did not have access to a pullup bar/surface, so I had to complete Ares with either raised pushups or tricep dips.
Needless to say, my structured eating went out the window!
Technically, this shouldn’t be a Freeletics post, as I didn’t do any Freeletics training this week… Why didn’t I, you may ask.. Well I am going overseas for the next 2 weeks, and I won’t have access to any weights, so, I decided to get a heavy dose of weight training! =P
This week, I finally am able to do A pullup!! I was soooo happy, I had to take a video and show the world! hahaha
Start of Week 0 // end of Week 5 // end of Break Week:
- Monday: Barbell Squats, Barbell Lunges, Front Squats, Stiff Legged Deadlifts, Weighted Jump Squats
- Tuesday: Semi-rest? Rolled around with Dandelion learning some Brazillian JiuJitsu stuff. It got tiring quickly!
- Wednesday: Deadlifts, Barbell Rows, T-Bar Rows, Slowly Let Go’s, Planks, 10kg pulls
- Thursday: Military Press, Upright Row, Pushups, Skullcrushers, Bicep Curls, Front Raises
- Friday: Barbell Squats, Barbell Lunges, Front Squats, Stiff Legged Deadlifts, Weighted Jump Squats
- Saturday: Deadlifts, Barbell Rows, T-Bar Rows, Slowly Let Go’s
- Sunday: Military Press, Upright Row, Pushups, Skullcrushers, Bicep Curls, Front Raises
Status: Pooped and super looking forward to my holiday! =D
Once again, no rest days… Am tired, but definitely feeling/looking good! ;P
Start of Week 0 // end of Week 5 // end of Week 9:My Week 9 Freeletics coach sessions were:
- Hera (24:33*)
- Posiden (07:43), Apollon (38:30*)
- Hades (34:18) – only modified pullups
- Posiden (07:15), SquatMAX (129), JumpMAX (110*), Ares (09:08)
I did not push myself as hard this week as I could, I think. Perhaps 90%. I bruised my knee doing burpees and wrist was feeling really not great after front squats. I thought, I should be a little more careful, lest I wanna be out for good. So, I pushed myself as hard as I could whilst being safe. I train alone, so I do get scared when a weight exercise starts to get too hard. I got squished doing Bar Lunges this week ( >__<!) But was all good, もんだいない！
I PB’d all my Freeletics this week, except for Hades and SquatMAX (which i did sumos). As usual, I did everything proper except for the modified pullups.
- Monday: Hera, P&B crunches, 10kg pulls, Wheel
- Tuesday: Weights (Barbell Squats, Barbell Lunges, Front Squats, Stiff Legged Deadlifts, Weighted Jump Squats)
- Wednesday: Posiden, Apollon, P&B crunches, Wheel
- Thursday: Weights (Deadlifts, Barbell Rows, T-Bar Rows, Slowly Let Go’s)
- Friday: Hades, P&B crunches, 10kg pulls, Wheel
- Saturday: Weight Training (Military Press, Upright Row, Pushups, Skullcrushers, Bicep Curls, Front Raises)
- Sunday: Posiden, SquatMAX, JumpMAX, Ares, P&B crunches, Planks, Wheel
Status: My body was getting quite worn out towards the end of the week… More and more sleep was definitely required. But very happy with my progress.
I am trying to do something everyday this and next week, as I know I will be eating alot when I visit the motherland in a couple weeks time! =P Singapore, wai ur foodz so tasty?! ( ♥____♥ )
Wow wee! This week started off pretty good =) However, as I hadn’t done much weight training over the last 1.5 weeks due to Hell Week, my weight limits had reduced. But they were still tough sessions!
Start of Week 0 // end of Week 4 // end of Week 8:My Week 8 Freeletics coach sessions were:
- Atlas (43:14*)
- Dione (51:50*)
- Posiden (08:18), BurpeeMAX (41*)
- Apollon (38:43*)
- Atlas (42:09*)
I probably could have pushed myself a little harder doing Dione.. but I made lots of excuses, like I was training in Dandelion’s apartment so the carpet was slippery, I didn’t have shoes on, I didn’t wanna whack the lamp or sweat all over the carpet… blahblahblah. I still made my own little dead sea all over the carpet….. =P
- Monday: Atlas, Wheel
- Tuesday: Dione
- Wednesday: Posiden, BurpeeMAX, Weight training (Barbell Squats, Barbell Lunges, Front Squats, Stiff Legged Deadlifts, Weighted Jump Squats)
- Thursday: Apollon, P&B crunches, 10kg pulls, Wheel
- Friday: Weight Training (Deadlifts, Barbell Rows, T-Bar Rows, Slowly Let Go’s)
- Saturday: Atlas, P&B crunches, 10kg pulls, Wheel
- Sunday: Weight Training (Military Press, Upright Row, Pushups, Skullcrushers, Bicep Curls, Front Raises)
Status: My body is pooped. It’s probably the combo of new controlled diet, no rest day, and the introduction of weight training. By Saturday, I felt like I had no energy at all, I couldn’t even run the 2km in Altas like I did no Monday. So, imagine my surprise that I beat my PB by 1 min! Abt an hour after my workout and breakfast, my body was dead. I crashed out 8pm and got roughly 10.5hrs sleep. Feel so much better today!
Or better known as Hell Days… So my “coach” tells me…
Was feeling preettty worn out by the weekend.. hopefully Monday is better rested so I can start on weight training! =D
Start of Week 0 // end of Week 4 // end of Week 7:
- Monday Morning: Hell Day #1
- Tuesday Morning: Rest Day
- Wednesday Morning: Hell Day #2
- Thursday Morning: Ripped in 30 Wk4, LegLeverMAX (60*), JackKnifeMAX (21), P&B crunches, 10kg pulls, 5kg hip hinges, wheel
- Friday Morning: Hell Day #3
- Saturday Morning: Rested my sore butt
- Sunday Morning: Jillian Michaels’ Extreme Shed & Shred (60mins)
Hell Day #1
In my eyes, I starred all my workouts today. But I couldn’t put a star against my submission because I caynt do pullups! Continue reading Freeletics Coach: Week 7 aka HELL WEEK!